Bitter or For Better DVD Curriculum Kit DVD
Running Time: 3 hrs 20 min
Region: All Regions
Production Year: 2001
John Drescher presented our very popular series Your Child 6 to 12. Now he returns with valuable ...
John Drescher presented our very popular series Your Child 6 to 12. Now he returns with valuable insight for building strong and fulfilling marriages. It has been said that every bad marriage is different, and every good marriage, similar. John sets forth the secrets for a good and strong relationship.
1. For Bitter or for Better? - John discusses the sociological and psychological factors that draw couples together. He emphasizes that opposites really do attract - that men and women typically look for traits in their spouse in which they themselves are weak. Ironically, however, it is these very traits that often end up causing marital discord later in the relationship.
2. Pulling out of the Dip - John offers practical advice for pulling out of the marital “dip” which many couples experience sometime during the first two years of marriage. He suggests that couples continue their courtship by practicing the little things that build love over time.
3. Commitment: Key to an Enduring Marriage - John explores the first characteristic of a strong marriage - commitment. He urges husbands and wives to be committed to three things: the permanence of the relationship, a love as exemplified by Christ, and prayer.
4. Communication: Core of a Happy Marriage - John explains that communications is at the core of a happy marriage, and the level at which we communicate is the level at which we live. Here he offers advice to help couples move to a higher level of communication, in which their love can grow deeper.
5. Our Love Languages - John continues the discussion on communication by exploring the five love languages, the ways in which we communicate love to our spouses: words, gifts, actions, time and touch.
6. Faithfulness in Finances - When it comes to mixing money and marriage, John reveals that there are three rings: engagement ring, wedding ring and boxing ring! Money is frequently a contributing factor in marital problems. Here John offers some guiding principles for couples in the area of finances.
7. Divorce: Imagine What Would Happen - Taking on a more serious and solemn tone, John discusses the issue of divorce. He helps couples think through the possible long-term effects of divorce and gives the warning signs of the various stages leading up to divorce so that couples may detect problems early on before they become unmanageable.
8. Keeping the Triangle Strong - In the final program, John speaks to couples about their relationship with God, the basis for all other relationships. He discusses the characteristics of a Christ-centered home and encourages couples to use spiritual resources available to keep the triangle strong, resulting in a fulfilling and lifelong relationship.
Eight 25-minute programs
Leader's guide with reproducible student worksheets
John Drescher's book, For the Love of Marriage
John Drescher is author of over 30 books, including For the Love of Marriage. John's books have been translated into over 20 languages. He has five children and twelve grandchildren. In addition to being a writer, he is a pastor, counselor, seminary professor and gifted communicator.
47 pg. leader's guide to accompany the video "For Bitter Or For Better."
Bringing together into one book his insights about marriage after many years of experience and counseling, John Drescher offers gentle advice on what makes a marriage work and last. His helpful guidance and practical anecdotes fill this book with warmth and encouragement.
Catholic Christian Documentary DVD Sets and Family Movie Sets on DVD
Best DVDs on Padre Pio and Sr. Faustina
Each over 2 Hours Long
Best DVD on the Catholic Market
Text of The Third Secret of Fatima - Complete Text
Books and Videos on Padre Pio
Videos and Books on Sr. Faustina and Divine Mercy plus Diary of Sr. Faustina
CATHOLIC BIBLES, Family Bibles, Spanish Bibles, Church, School and Study Bible Edidions
Bishop Fulton Sheen - Audio CDs, Videos and Books
Home Page / Statues / Crucifixes / Catholic Resources / Catholic DVD Videos / Catholic Books / Catholic Audio Tapes / Christian Music / Catholic News / Angels / Anti-Semitism / Animated 1 / Animated 2 / Animated - The New Testament / Animated - The Old Testament / Apparitions of Blessed Virgin Mary / Apologetics / Art Gallery / Audio Tapes / The Beatification of Padre Pio / Hilaire Belloc / Bible / Bibles / Books on Bible / Bishop Fulton Sheen / Books / Books on Divine Mercy / A Catholic Theme Park / Children and Youth - Animated / Church Documents / Church History / Creation vs Evolution / The Creature from Jekyll Island / Devil - Satan / Catholic Family Resources / Divine Mercy / Diary of Sister Faustina / Dr. Bernard Nathanson / Errors - Problems of Modern Times / Eucharist and the Mass / Family and Marriage / Fr. Aloysius Ellacuria / Freemasonry / Garabandal / Gifts / Gods of the New Age / Global Tyranny / Health / Hell, Heaven and Purgatory / Home Schooling / John Paul II / Joan of Arc / Journeys of the Soul / Latest Message / Marianland / Marian / Marian Videos / Mariology / Charismatic / Marx and Satan / Medjugorje Miracles and the Message / Miracles in Catholic Church / Money System / Mother Teresa / Music / MP3 - Free Music Samples / Yoga / One World Government / Padre Pio (Videos) / Padre Pio (Books) / Pious Publications / The Priesthood / Pro-Life Videos and DVD / Pro-Life Books / Prophecy / Prophecy of The Third Secret of Fatima / Rafael's Art Gallery / Prof. Libor Brom / Religious Education-Adult / Catholic Religious Education-Grade School / Religious Education - High School / Pro-Life Movement vs Rock/Pop Music, MTV, Hollywood, Satanism and Satan / ROSARY / Saints Part 1 / Saints Part 2 / Saints Part 3 / St. Patrick Apostle of Ireland / Scott Hahn, Kimberly Hahn and Bishop Sheen / Shocking Videos on Current Events / Spanish Videos / Spiritual Life / Sr. Faustina / Stigmata and Stigmatist / Theology / True Church and Bible / The UN's Crusade Against God and Family / Vatican II / Videos - Main Section / J. Paddy Nolan / Wayne Weible / Latest news / Sin and Repentance / Fr. Faber / Marian Videos and DVDs as Seen on EWTN / Mother Teresa / Text of The Third Secret of Fatima / Catholic Books and Audio Tapes
Join NAVY, ARMY, MARINE CORPS, AIR FORCE or COAST GUARD