of St. Paul - DVD
This DVD is playable in US and Canada Only
One day you'll meet him face-to-face. Until then, Dr. Paul Maier's remarkable DVD series introduces you to the zealous young Saul. You'll witness his transformation on the road to Damascus; follow his missionary journeys throughout Asia Minor, Greece, and Italy; and relive his arrest and imprisonment.
Aside from Jesus himself, no one has had a greater influence on the founding of Christianity than Paul of Tarsus. Among his many achievements, three are of prime importance: 1) as a powerful, tireless missionary, he spread the faith to Asia Minor, Greece, and Italy; 2) his letters, which form much of the New Testament, present a basic theology for Christianity; and 3) more than anyone else, he brought Gentiles into the early church, not only Jews, thus universalizing the faith.
The accompanying 12-page guide includes a map, summary and discussions questions for each segment, and a bibliography, all of which may be duplicated for participants.
Includes eight 25-30 minute parts presented by Dr. Paul L. Maier:
1) Young Saul: A survey of his roots and education in Jerum, as well as his conversion on the Damascus Road.
2) The New Saul: His desert experience and early ministry in Cilicia.
3) The First Mission Journey: Paul and Barnabas bring the Gospel to Cyprus, Pamphylia, and Galatia.
4) Quarrels and the Second Mission Journey: A great dispute is solved by the Apostolic Council in Jerum, Paul defends the Gospel in Antioch, and then takes Silas on a second mission journey.
5) The Second Mission Journey and Greece: Paul arrives in Philippi, travels to Thessalonica and Athens, and anchors his ministry in Corinth.
6) The Third Mission Journey: Ephesus in Asia Minor is the target of Paul's campaign for Christ.
7) Arrest and Imprisonment: Paul is attacked at the temple in Jerum and is tried before the Roman governors Felix and Festus.
8) The Voyage to Rome: Having appealed to the emperor, Paul sails to Rome but is shipwrecked in Malta. The following spring he arrives in Italy and welcomes his fate in Rome.
Dr. Paul L. Maier is the Russell H. Seibert Professor of Ancient History at Western Michigan University. He is the author of 15 books which have been translated into a dozen languages, including the national best-seller in religious fiction, A Skeleton in God's Closet. His research on St. Paul appears in the book, In the Fullness of Time. He has also appeared in the video series, Jesus: Legend or Lord.
Time: 3 hrs 20 min | Production Year: 1998
- DVD Price $79.95